YVCC provides a writing center where students may receive free, one-to-one assistance with their writing projects for any course, academic or vocational. Writing consultants with four-year degrees in English or related fields or peer consultants trained in tutoring writing meet with students to:
- read, listen, and talk about ideas
- help students assess the strengths and weaknesses of their writing
- suggest strategies for generating ideas, planning, drafting, revising, and editing
Students should bring a copy of an assignment with them and any corresponding notes, drafts, or disks.
Online Writing Center
|Monday - Wednesday
9:00am - 1:00pm
Monday - Wednesday
4:00pm - 7:00pm
What is available?
- A mathematics instructor or approved tutor who can assist you with questions.
- Large tables for group or individual study.
- Textbooks and student solution manuals for most classes offered at YVCC - Grandview Campus.
- CDs for most topics, which you can use in the Center.
- Computer programs for most topics in mathematics, including textbook-specific programs.
- Anything else a mathematics student might need, including resource books, calculators, graph paper, rulers, etc.
Why should I use Tutoring Services?
Wise use of your study time is important, since each new topic in mathematics builds upon previous concepts. If you spend a few minutes seeking answers to questions, you can save hours of time and frustration and be more successful in mathematics. Students often meet their friends at the Center to study and prepare for exams. In analyzing student success, we have found that students who use the Math Center are as much as 12% more successful in their classes than those who do not use its services. Hope to see you soon!
Click on the links below for more information:
Student Support Services
Disability Support Services